How could a free market provide effective education for poor children?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Murphy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:44 PM

How could a free market provide effective education for poor children?

• Guests

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

I think in a number of ways. I am a Mason and we give scholarships to many kids as does an organization called Dollar$ for Scholars. There are loans to parents to attend private schools; many schools also have different rates (deductions) for more than one student. Different schools could also compete with different curricula to draw different types of students with different abilities and interests. The diplomas would merely state that such-and-such passed A Academy's requirements. And employers or other schools would then say we approve or not. Consumers could easily check out the requirements to be say a plumber, this academy and these trade schools qualify to be admitted into the plumber trade association.

#3 Murphy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1160 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

View PostMart Grams, on Aug 16 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

I think in a number of ways. I am a Mason and we give scholarships to many kids as does an organization called Dollar$ for Scholars. There are loans to parents to attend private schools; many schools also have different rates (deductions) for more than one student. Different schools could also compete with different curricula to draw different types of students with different abilities and interests. The diplomas would merely state that such-and-such passed A Academy's requirements. And employers or other schools would then say we approve or not. Consumers could easily check out the requirements to be say a plumber, this academy and these trade schools qualify to be admitted into the plumber trade association.

Yep. Another huge thing is that people would have a ton more money without government taxes to finance education. So private charities to help poor kids would have a lot more donations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users